Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2005

Internet Rip-offs

Universal Tattletale LLC is a complaint site which receives a lot of typical complaints.  The internet is a haven for rip-offs.  We are not exceptions to getting ripped off by slick talking sales people whom make promises which they cannot keep and have no intention of keeping. It is my desire to share this example to expose this company, but also show how clever they are at getting away with getting paid for doing something close to nothing.

 

One of these companies I recently dealt with is First Place or www.1p.com or 1stinternetadvertising.com or other names.   Ironically I accepted a deal for them to place our Universal Tattletale: Liberty Complaints and Compliments site on a trial basis for six months.   It was my desire to stop using Overture and Google to avoid pay per click charges; however I was able to track the progress of First Place because of my statistical information from these other services.  The last time I checked with the BBB of Las Vegas this small company had over 80 similar complaints and has been asked to leave the BBB of Las Vegas.  Remember Las Vegas is the capital of Rip-offs, Mafia and the protection of these types of these sleazy deals.   But like a lot of people there slick talking sales person convinced me they could do big things so they were able to get me for $750 before I was aware of their scam.

 

To not bore you with details if I had paid the same amount of money to Overture the outcome would have quadrupled the number of registered users to the site. Keep in mind most people get on the site for free.  Meanwhile I could not identify even one registered user which was attributed to First Place in six months.  They showed a lot of hits but no action at my site??  I’m sure I could show the reason they are a scam, but many people would have no way to prove anything.  Why is the attorney general from Nevada not doing anything?  How about the US attorney general?  Simply put they are bogged down with this type of activity.

 

Please forward this letter or complaints about this business to people like Clark Howard, or Tom Martino etc.  I think this scam deserves some attention from the media. 

 

Sincerely,

 

Randy Lockdall

 

 

No comments: